Credit cards are essential payment tools that enable one to carry out financial transactions in a convenient manner. Besides easy access to funds, it also offers other features and benefits such as attractive reward points, cash backs, robust security features and the likes. Additionally, responsible usage of credit cards also has a favourable impact on an individual’s credit history.
Although an increasing number of individuals are initiating credit card applications, considering that they offer a type of unsecured advance, the application approval process may take some time. You can thus check the status of your application in different ways.
How to track the application status for your credit card online?
One can quickly check their credit card application status online by following a few easy steps. The steps are mentioned below –
- Go to the official website of your card issuer.
- Click on the tab ‘Track Application Status of Your Credit Card.’
- Enter any of the following details –
- Contact number.
- E-mail ID.
- Reference number.
- Customer ID.
- Once you have entered the above information, the current status of your credit card application will be displayed on the page.
However, apart from tracking your application status online, you can also check it via offline modes. For instance,
- You can contact your lending institution by calling their customer care number. A representative will contact you in some time to inform you regarding your application status.
- You can also visit the financial institution’s branch and ask any representative for assistance.
Eligibility criteria to meet
You also need to fulfil the eligibility criteria asked by the financer to improve the chances of credit card application being approved. In case your application is pending for a while, it is essential to know whether you have met these eligibility requirements or not.
The eligibility criteria may differ slightly between financial institutions. Nevertheless, the general eligibility criteria that one should meet are given below.
- Credit score should be 750 and above.
- Applicants should be within the age bracket of 25-65.
- He or she should have a stable source of income.
- They should not have any past record of default.
Further, if you have availed any loans or advances earlier, take care to repay the same in time to maintain your credit history. Doing so also makes you eligible for a higher credit limit on your credit card, thus increasing your purchasing power.
List of documents
There are several reasons why your credit card application can be rejected by a financial institution. Not furnishing proper documents is one of them. Consequently, you should keep in handy the essential documents for the credit card along with the application form.
The documents required to apply for a credit card are –
- PAN Card
- Form 16
- Proof of age which includes birth certificate, passport, voter ID card.
- Proof of income like salary slip, Income tax returns, form 16
- KYC documents like Aadhaar, Voter ID, driving licence, passport.
- Any other additional documents as required.
However, one can avail instant approval when they opt for credit cards like the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard upon meeting only basic elgibility.
To maximise the benefits of a credit card, one should apply for a credit card that complements their lifestyle and spending habits. It is because; you can accrue reward points on every purchase with a credit card.
Consequently, you should know how to redeem your credit card reward points to avail discounts and such other benefits. It can include hotel bookings, flight tickets, airport lounge access, movie tickets, waiver on fuels, etc. Some credit card companies also offer reward points as a welcome gift and on reaching certain milestones. Hence you should know how to choose the right credit card for yourself for maximised benefits.